Bukom Banku - Quotes and proverbs
Isaac Braimah Kamoko, most popularly known as Bukom Banku, is a Ghanaian professional boxer, actor, musician, and comedian. He is the current holder of the World Professional Boxing Federation Light heavyweight belt with an impressive undefeated record of 27-0-0 (20 KO). But despite having such a remarkable boxing statistic to his name, he is especially known for his comic personality and the use of his self-invented Bukom English. In addition, he has a great wealth of proverbs of which very few people—if anyone—can capably explain. Below are a selected few.
- Karl Lokko—he is my former trainer. He is not my trainer; I sack him. I'm big more than him. He is not a eye doctor. Why are you telling somebody that if he fight again he will blind? I know what is going on. I, Bukom Banku, I know in my head back. I have prepared my two legs and my heart. The ring go decide. I, Bukom Banku; I will stop my opponent. Boxing is my favorite.
- Ayitey Powers: "Banku, everyday when we are mention people, you say John Mahama." Bukom Banku: "Yes, that's my father; number one in Ghana. He is a creativity."
- If Asamoah Gyan goes to the world, he is more famous than me. But in Ghana, I am more popular. All the people like me. They like my English. Asamoah Gyan cannot speak my English. I am not anybody in this country. I'm the big popular. I'm the musician. I'm the comedian.
- KSM: "Today you are cool. Why?" Banku: "I don't have cool; I want to charge myself." "But when you came, you were sitting down quietly." "Yes, I make weight that's why I make cool. I'm not a quiet person—I'm joking." "Where did you learn all this English?" "It is my own mentality. I have the Bukom Dictionary. Anytime I wake up in the morning I teach myself."
List of Bukom Banku Quotes
- Ayitey Powers get elephant body, dog brain.
- Education is the key but John Mahama spoil the padlock.
- Even if I buy house in Legon, I can't leave Bukom. Bukom is my temperature.
- I no dey need school. I have money dada, pass your papa sef!
- I will beat Ayitey Powers and go to Nigeria and beat TB Joshua.
- Peoples know I use my medulla oblongata—it's a sensibility for the inside.
- The lady, I love him. Not as a sister. I love him. He is my wife.
- They are shouting like a milk but they are empty konko.
- What I will use to drink drink, I will use it to mash the banku and drink.
- When I do campaign for politics they didn't give me any nothing so I am stop.
- When I eat banku, I get more power. When I don't eat banku, I can't train.
List of Bukom Banku Proverbs
- A dead lion is more than a dog is not dead.
- A faint heart cannot call a fair lady.
- A man can never be careful unless he buys a white shirt and a new car.
- A monkey learn about the mango tree, they cannot fall down.
- A river cannot flow into the forest without bringing down the trees.
- A talking plenty cannot make dead man hear you.
- A tsetse fly cannot listen to their teaching, it is walking to the dead man to go cemetery.
- Abundance of water the foolish man must be taste.
- Anything you want, if you get there, there is no beggars on the road.
- Empty calabash cannot sink in the river.
- If any small boy got a small money he became a missed call.
- Man for war no fear gun bullet.
- Only strong man propose in front of crowd.
- The disgrace of okro is a cassava shame.
- The only foolish dog run after the flying bird.
- The road you pass some people have pass already.
- Too much of laughing is killing disease.
- When a vulture shake their waist, it is cover their sons.
- When the bush are destroyers, any animals cannot open mouth to talk.
- When the God are support you, nobody are killing you.
- Woman without no man is like river without source.